Copyright © 2017 Battle Mountain Raceway. All rights reserved.
1. All cars must have battery disconnect switch on positive cable.
2. Battery must be fastened to the floor or frame.
3. Disconnect switch must be marked in a bright contrasting color.
4. Must be completely enclosed within a marine type plastic or steel box with an absorbent material covering top of battery (not required if gel type battery is used)
5. Switch must be accessible to track officials behind the drivers shoulder.
1. A mandatory protective screen must be installed. Screen must cover the full windshield opening, must be securely fastened, center vertical support mandatory. Screen to be of maximum 1/2” square openings.
2. All holes in driver’s compartment floor and front and rear fire wall must be plugged or covered with sheet metal.
3. Body must be steel and maintain stock factory profile, and resemble the production vehicle body. (No fiberglass)
4. Bumpers must be mounted outside of any reinforcement.
5. Doors may be gutted and welds, straps, bolts, or rivets must secure them.
6. Ends of rear bumpers must be strapped to fenders.
7. Fenders and fender well may be cut out for tire clearance. Front inner wheel well maybe removed.
8. Firewall may be removed, must pass safety inspection.
9. Floor board must be complete, may be cut for fuel cell installation and seat clearance.
10. Hood and trunk springs must be removed, lids secured with pins only.
11. Must be a rear-wheel drive, factory produced compact sedan, coupe, or
12. Must have racing approved window net with quick release at top.
13. Must have tow hooks or chain loop on each end of car.
14. Must retain a one foot section of original stock A-pillar wind shield post.
15. No all-wheel drive or front-wheel drive allowed.
16. No mid or rear engine allowed.
17. No mirrors allowed.
18. No radios allowed.
19. Pick-up bodies must have a tonneau cover over bed area.
20. Plastic or fiberglass nose section allowed.
21. Removal of all glass required.
1. Open to modification
1. 18” numbers on each side of car and on roof.
2. Must be painted (No primer).
3. Must have 4” front and rear numbers.
4. No fractional numbers.
5. No more than 3 numbers or number/ letter combinations.
6. Numbers must be contrasting colors to the car or outlined.
7. Roof numbers read from right side of car.
1. Must flow less than 501 CFM.
2. One, 2 barrel, downdraft carburetor only.
3. Two (2) throttle return springs required.
1. 2600cc maximum.
2. Connecting rods must be ferrous.
3. Engine and transmission brand must match (Toyota engine with Toyota
4. Engine set back allowed. Front spark plug must be no more than three
(3) inches behind spindle centerline.
5. In-line, single camshaft, 4-cylinder engines only.
6. No dry sump oiling systems.
7. No magneto or crank-trigger ignitions allowed.
8. No purpose-built race engines (Cosworth, Indy, etc).
9. No roller rockers or roller cams.
10. No titanium allowed in valve-train.
11. Solid motor mounts recommended.
1. Catalytic converters must be removed.
2. Mufflers mandatory.
3. Must exit further back than driver in a safe manner.
1. Frame and sub-frames must match suspension.
2. Tube frames must use stock front and rear sub-frame (stubs).
1. All fuel lines must run under car or be encased in conduit.
2. Electric fuel pumps allowed must be equipped with both oil pressure switch and manual power switch.
3. Fuel cell and containers may extend below the trunk floor. Cells must
be contained in a fully
enclosed box made of minimum 20 gauge steel.
4. Fuel cell must be securely fastened to frame or floor pan.
5. Fuel cells mandatory must have positive seal and rollover vent check
6. Gasoline only (No alcohol)
7. Must have minimum of a 2-1/2lb. Fire extinguisher securely fastened within reach of the driver.
1. May be relocated (must pass safety tech inspection).
1. Minimum 6-point roll cage.
2. Must completely enclose driver.
3. Minimum of 3 door bars on driver’s side and 2 door bars on passenger side.
4. Must have X brace behind driver.
5. All bars within driver reach must be padded.
6. Roll cage construction must not impede driver’s ability to exit car from either side of car.
7. Roll cage must have a vertical bar in front windshield.
8. Roll cage must be secure to the frame (or floor pan on unibody cars) by welding solidly around each upright bar, or by welding each upright bar solidly to a 6 X 6 X ¼ plate and then bolting this plate to the frame (or floor pan on unibody cars) by a minimum or (4) 3/8” bolts per plate. (Note: If bolted to the floor pan it must be sandwiched between 2 plates).
9. All welded angles must have gussets.
10. Either tubing or black pipe may be used, no galvanized or pipe fittings allowed.
11. One (1) nerf bar per side allowed, not to extend more than 3” from side of car to outside of bar. Ends must be bent in to prevent catching.
12. 1-1/2” diameter tube with .095” wall minimum.
1. All seats must have steel frames.
2. High back seat or headrest is required.
3. Minimum 5-point racing harness required.
4. Must be bolted or welded to the roll cage only.
5. Roll cage must support seat back or headrest.
1. A pad at least 2” thick and 4” diameter must cover steering wheel hub.
2. May use heim joints.
3. Quick release steering wheel recommended.
1. Any type of shock absorbers, including coil-over’s, maybe used.
2. Four (4) shocks per vehicle only.
3. Heim joints permitted on pan hard bar and shock absorber mounts.
4. Suspension may be moved as long as factory components are unmodified except front upper spring bucket maybe modified to allow for weight jacks or coil-over springs.
5. Weight-jacks allowed.
1. Grooving and siping is allowed.
2. Mud flaps required on rear of the car, must be within 2” of ground.
3. Tires may not exceed eight and one half inch (81/2”) footprint and 20 PSI.
4. Tires must be DOT radials, no racing, or other retreads allowed.
5. Tread wear rating must be visible on outside of tire and must be greater than 100; durometer reading must be great than 56.
6. Unacceptable tires include, but not limited to: Dirt Bozz, A008, R-1, and others.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVETRAIN:
1. 1” inspection hole required in bell-housing or dust cover to check flywheel.
2. Automatic transmissions must have functional OEM torque converter.
3. Differential must be semi-floating type and quick-change type rear-ends are allowed.
4. No aluminum flywheels unless factory stock.
5. Single disc clutches only, no ram couplers etc.
6. Driveshaft must be painted white.
7. 1/4” minimum thickness or SEMA approved scatter-shield required on manual transmissions.
8. 3/8” minimum thickness belting or blanket required on automatic transmissions.
9. Must have driveshaft hoop, must be located 4-12 inches behind front u-joint, must be 1/4” X 1/2” strap steel or better. Hoop must fully encircle driveshaft and be bolted or welded to the floor pan or frame.
1. Car must weigh at least 1lb per cc of engine displacement, less driver.
2. Added or removable weight must:
1. 1” wheel spacers allowed (one per wheel).
2. Any reinforced stock steel-wheel or racing type steel wheel may be used.
3. Bead locks are not allowed.
4. Lug nuts must be 1” in diameter.