Copyright © 2017 Battle Mountain Raceway. All rights reserved.
1. All cars are subject to inspection at ANY time and may require the removal of some components.
2. Any cast iron head allowed.
3. Electronic ignitions ok.
4. Engine must be cast iron with exception of intake and exhaust manifolds.
5. Maximum 800 CFM carburetors. No exotic carburetors including, but not limited to, Predators and Dominators, etc.
6. Minor radiator protection is allowed and must be made of same roll bar material.
7. No dry sumps.
8. No zoomies
9. OEM cast iron block.
10. Single plane intakes ok.
11. The center of the forward most plug hole shall be no further back than the upper ball joint centerline.
1. Must have functional torque converter or clutch, 5.5 inch minimum.
2. No competition transmissions.
3. No ram couplers.
BODY & SUSPENSION:
1. Body height from center of rear tire to center of front tire can have no more than a two (2) inch drop.
2. Car must have a minimum weight of at least 3000 lbs. with driver after main event.
3. Driver cannot be sitting over driveline.
4. Driver must not be able to adjust suspension from inside the car.
5. Ford nine (9) inch rear-ends ok.
6. Frame can be homemade behind firewall with .095 inch tubing or stock frame rail must run to at least the rear of the main 4 point cage. The main 4 point cage must be attached to the frame with a minimum of 1.75 inches .095 round tubing.
7. Front clip does not have to match engine.
8. Heim joints ok in front steering, pan head, torque are, rear trailing arms and shocks.
9. Minimum wheelbase of 103.5, maximum deviation side to side of one (1) inch.
10. No bird cages or Z links.
11. No camber, quick-change or aluminum housing.
12. No more than five (5) shocks per car. Four (4), one for each tire and one (1) for the rear end dampener.
13. Pan hard bar must be a minimum of eighteen (18) inches, measured from center of hemi to center of heim.
14. Racing shocks can be used and re-mounted. Weight jacks, coil over’s with a minimum of 4.5" dia spring or coil over eliminator ok.
15. Rear differential may be full float, no cambered rear ends.
16. Spindle, rotors and calipers must be OEM or OEM replacements. Aluminum calipers ok.
17. Spoiler side and center supports can be no longer than twenty-four (24) inches.
18. Spoilers allowed but not exceeding six (6) inches in height as measured from top of deck.
19. Steel and aluminum after market bodies ok. This is subject to tech approval. Performance bodies are ok.
20. Steel tubular upper control arms with heims ok.
21. Steering quickeners ok.
22. Suspension attachment points can be modified.
TIRES & WHEELS:
1. Any steel wheel is allowed. No spacers wider than one (1) inch allowed.
2. Bleeder valves ok. 7. No tire softening of any kind allowed.
3. One bead lock allowed.
4. Tire may not protrude more than four (4) inches past the bodywork.
5. Tires must be NO wider than 11 inches.
6. Wheel stud threads must protrude from lug nuts. 1 inch lug nuts are mandatory.
1. A minimum of three driver’s side door bars are required to be plated with at least 18 gauge metal plating.
2. Center section of cage must consist of main hoop with "X" bracing and halo that clears the driver’s head when he/she is strapped in with his/her helmet on.
3. Doors must be securely fastened, if running two (2) seats; passenger side needs to be the same requirements as driver’s side door.
4. Driver and passenger doors may be gutted as necessary to fit the cage.
5. Every cage must have at least one halo bar.
6. Front cage hoop permitted. Inner fender wells may be removed.
7. Kickers may be "X" braced.
8. Nerf bar may extend up to 2" beyond factory body and must terminate inward and contain no sharp edges.
9. No tubing on the car can be greater than 2 inches in diameter.
10. Passenger side "Z" bracing required-minimum.
11. Roll bar padding is mandatory where driver can come in contact with the cage. All roll bar padding in driver’s compartment must be fire retardant.
12. Six point cage consisting of four-point center section and "kicker bars".
13. The four points of the cage center section must be securely welded to the car’s frame rails or mounted on a steel 4x4 pads welded to uni-bodies.
14. The roll cage shall be constructed using 1.50 or 1.75 inch outside diameter steel tubing or greater with a minimum wall thickness .095 inches. Subject for review yearly.
15. Windshield bar required.
1. Drivers must have Snell 95 or better rated helmet.
2. Helmet cannot have any cracks.
3. Helmet must be worn at all times while vehicle is on the track and must accompany vehicle at time of inspection.
4. The strap and clasp must be in good functional condition.
1. All belts must be roll bar typed or securely mounted to roll cage.
2. Belts may be no more than three (3) years old.
3. Driving suit, gloves, leather shoes or leather boots and neck brace are mandatory and must be SFI-approved fire retardant. SFI approved socks and Hans/Hutchins devices are highly recommended. Driver’s using a Hans/Hutchins device are exempt from using neck braces. * No driver will be allowed to race with street shoes.* All safety gear must be in good condition.
4. No worn or sun rotted belts. Tattered fibers, nonfunctional clasps and insufficient mounting points will be cause for vehicle to fail tech.
5. Seat belts must be five-point and 3" minimum.
1. Webbed net only, minimum size of 16"X20".
2. Window net will be mounted so it can be accessible by the driver and Safety Crew.
3. Window nets must be SFI approved.
1. All vehicles must have an aluminum seat fastened to the roll cage ONLY. Side bolsters and side impact head supports recommended.
2. Must have head support. Head bolsters recommended.
3. Seat covers and padding must be fire retardant.
4. Seat must be mounted with at least 4-3/8" bolts, in at least four (4) points.
1. Each race team must have a fire extinguisher in or on the trailer or rear of the tow vehicle. Must have car # painted on it and accompany driver to pre tech.
2. Fire extinguishers must be visible and accessible.
3. In-car fire extinguishers must be securely mounted. If not secure, it will need to be remounted or removed. No zip-tied extinguishers.
1. Drive shaft loop required.
2. Drive shaft must be painted white and kept clean and have car number on it.
1. All exhaust systems must exit outside or beyond car body. No exhaust components are allowed in drivers’ compartment.
2. Each fuel cell must be fuel tight and have a functional roll over valve.
3. Fuel cell is mandatory and must be located in trunk and securely mounted. If fuel cell is below the car it must be surrounded by 18 gauge steel. Pickup trucks must use a metal enclosed fuel cell mounted securely in the bed area between the frame rails. Metal enclosed fuel cells must use no greater that ten (10) gauge steel bar/material. No more than three (3) foot of rubber hose on fuel system may be hooked to stock fuel line and must have ground strap.
4. Fuel cell must be mounted by at least 2- 2X1/4" steel strap completely surrounding the cell.
5. Fuel system must not contain over 3 feet of rubber hose.
6. Fuel transfer must not be the lowest point of the vehicle. Fuel line must not touch the ground at anytime. Fuel cells must have a ground clearance of at least 10".
7. If fuel cell is plastic, it must have 18 gauge steel covering the lower half.
8. Must have ground strap on fuel cell.
9. Only steel fuel filters are to be used. No plastic or glass filters allowed.
10. Race fuel & Methanol ok.
1. If running two-seater, passenger side must be same as driver’s side.