Copyright © 2017 Battle Mountain Raceway. All rights reserved.
1. All cars must have battery disconnect switch on positive cable.
2. Battery must be fastened to the floor or frame.
3. Disconnect switch must be asked in a bright contrasting color.
4. Must be completely enclosed within a marine type plastic or steel box with an absorbent material covering top of battery (not required if gel type battery).
5. Switch must be accessible to track officials behind the drivers shoulder.
1. A mandatory protective screen must be installed; screen must cover the full windshield opening. A center vertical support bar is mandatory. Screen cannot exceed a maximum of 1/2” square openings.
2. All holes in driver’s compartment floor and front and rear firewall must be plugged or covered with sheet metal.
3. Body must replicate showroom original shape and appearance.
4. Bumpers must be mounted outside of any reinforcement.
5. Doors may be skinned to allow fitting roll cage.
6. Ends of rear bumper must be strapped to fenders.
7. Entire body must remain factory stock appearance and materials; no aftermarket fenders, hoods, doors, bumpers, clip, etc., allowed. After market nose is allowed.
8. Fender openings may be trimmed one (1) inch from the original lip for tire clearance.
9. Front engine, rear wheel drive mandatory.
10. Front inner fenders may be removed if not required by suspension.
11. Must have racing approved window net with quick release at top.
12. Must have tow hooks or chain loop on each end of car.
13. No mirrors allowed.
14. No updates, backdates, options, etc., are allowed. The car must appear mechanically and cosmetically as it did coming out of the factory.
15. Replacement parts made to OEM specifications are allowed.
16. Steel-bodied cars only; no convertibles, t-tops, or sun roofs allowed.
1. All brake components must remain OEM or OEM replacement.
2. Are required on all 4 wheels and in working order at all times.
3. No aftermarket proportioning valves.
1. 18” numbers on each side of car and on roof.
2. Must be painted (no primer).
3. Must have 4” front and rear numbers.
4. No fractional numbers.
5. No more than 3 numbers or number/letter combinations.
6. Numbers must be contrasting colors to the car or outlined.
7. Roof numbers read from right side of car.
1. Carburetor adapter allowed 1” maximum height.
2. Four barrel carburetors not allowed.
3. No fuel injection, water injection, turbo’s, super-chargers or nitrous oxide.
4. Single carburetors only.
5. Two (2) barrel carburetors, no 2 barrel restrictors.
6. Two (2) throttle return springs are required.
1. Combustion chamber volume of heads must be at least 67cc; no “fuelies” or 4V or W-2 heads allowed.
2. Must be same make as frame/suspension and body.
3. Must have cast iron block, heads, and intake.
4. No domed pistons.
5. No engine set back or offset.
6. No porting or bowl work allowed.
7. No solid or roller cams allowed.
8. No solid or roller cams allowed.
9. Maximum compression ratio 9:3:1.
1. Cast iron manifolds only.
2. Mufflers required.
3. Must exit under car, behind driver.
1. Sub-frame connectors allowed on unibody cars.
1. All fuel lines must run under car or be encased in conduit.
2. Fuel cell must be securely fastened to frame or floor pan.
3. Fuel cells mandatory, must have positive seal and roll-over vent check valve.
4. Must have minimum of 2 1/2 lb fire extinguisher securely fastened within reach of driver.
5. Pump gasoline only (no methanol or racing fuel).
1. Minor radiator protection is allowed, must be same material or lighter than roll cage.
2. Must remain in stock location.
1. 1 ¾” diameter tube with .095” wall minimum.
2. All bars within reach of driver must be padded.
3. All welded angles must have gussets.
4. Either tubing or black pipe may be used. No galvanized pipe or pipe fittings allowed.
5. Minimum 4-point roll cage.
6. Minimum of 3 door bars on driver’s side and 2 door bars on passenger side.
7. Must completely enclose driver.
8. Must have X-brace behind driver.
9. One (1) nerf bar per side allowed, not to extend more than 3” from side of car to outside of bar. Ends must be bent in to prevent catching.
10. Roll cage construction must not impede driver’s ability to exit from either side of car.
11. Roll cage must be secured to the frame (or floor pan on uni-body car) by welding solidly around each upright bar, or by welding each upright bar solidly to a 6 X 6 X ¼ plate and then bolting this plate to the frame (or floor pan on uni-body cars) by a minimum of (4) 3/8” bolts per plate. (Note: If bolted to the floor pan it must be sandwiched between 2 plates).
12. Roll cage must have a vertical bar in front windshield.
1. All seats must have steel frames.
2. Driver must sit within one (1) foot of original position and cannot be sitting atop driveline.
3. Minimum 5-point racing harness required.
4. Must be bolted or welded to the roll cage only.
5. Racing seat mandatory.
6. Roll cage must support seat back or headrest.
1. A pad at least 2” thick and 4” diameter must cover steering wheel hub.
2. Alignment changes are allowed as long as components are not modified.
3. Quick release steering wheel recommended.
4. Steering components must be OEM or OEM replacements.
1. No weight jacks, no racing springs and no racing shocks.
2. Suspension components must be OEM or OEM replacements.
1. Same size tires on all the way around.
2. DOT radials only, must be passenger-car type.
3. Mud flaps required on rear of car of car and must be within 2” of ground.
4. No retreads or bias-ply tires. Tread must remain original; no grooving, siping, snow or mud tires allowed.
5. Tires must not protrude beyond body.
6. Tread width measured across the top of tire must not exceed 7”.
7. Tread-wear rating must be plainly visible on the outside of the tire, and must be greater than 250, also subject to minimum durometer reading of 60.
TRANSMISSION AND DRIVETRAIN:
1. ½” minimum thickness or SEMA approved scatter-shield required on manual transmissions.
2. 3/8” minimum thickness belting or blanket required on automatic transmissions.
3. Driveline must be painted white.
4. Factory transmissions only.
5. Ford 9 inch rear axles allowed, but rear suspension must remain unchanged from stock.
6. Functional OEM torque converter or OEM single disc clutch only.
7. Locked rear end, mini spool or welded are allowed.
8. May change rear axle ratio, but must not be higher numerically than 4:11:1.
9. Must have driveshaft hoop. Must be located 4-12 inches behind front u-joint, must be ¼ X 1/2” strap steel or better. Hoop must fully encircle driveshaft and be bolted or welded to the floor pan or frame.
10. No aluminum flywheels.
1. Minimum car weight is 3200lb. including driver.
2. No ballast is allowed. No weight can be added to make weight.
1. Minimum wheelbase is 107 inches.
1. Lug nuts must be 1” in diameter.
2. Only spoke type steel wheels or reinforced center stock steel wheels are allowed.