MODIFIED MINI'S RULES
1. Any American or foreign production economy sedan, coupe, station wagon or pickup originally equipped with a four cylinder engine. No all-wheel drive, rear or mid-engine cars. Maximum wheelbase is 100.5”. Exceptions to the wheelbase rule may be made on some stock mini-trucks that may exceed the 100.5” limit.
2. Vehicles must be completely stripped. No factory interior, no chrome, absolutely no glass anywhere, no lights, etc.
ENGINE, CARBURETOR, IGNITION
1. Water cooled in-line four cylinder production engines only.
2. Vehicle must weigh at least one (1) pound per cc of engine being used including driver after race. For example, 2300cc engine vehicle must weigh 2300 lbs at post tech inspection. No adding weight or fluid after race. All vehicles will be bubble checked prior to the 2018 season, subject to tech inspection any time during the season or at tech officials’ discretion. Engine cc and weight must be written in clear view on the vehicle.
3. OEM heads and blocks only. Crossbreeding of head, block and internal parts is allowed if they can be bolted together without alteration.
4. Two valves per cylinder only.
5. Cylinder heads may ported and/or polished.
6. Roller Rockers or roller Cams not permitted. Adjustable Cam devices OK.
7. Valve Springs, Retainers and valve size open.
8. No Titanium Permitted anywhere in valve train.
9. No purpose Built race engines, i.e. Cosworth, Indy, etc.
10. Header will be allowed. Cockpit Exhaust OK if shielded from driver. No exhaust may invade driver’s side of cockpit.
11. Stock or aftermarket pistons may be used.
12. Connecting Rods must be ferrous.
13. No Dry Sump oiling. No external pump oiling. Stock, homemade or aftermarket wet sump pans allowed.
14. Must use a single Two Barrel downdraft Carburetor that flows less than 501 CFM. A stock, modified or aftermarket intake manifold is OK.
15. There shall be at least two throttle springs on the carburetor. Each of them shall be able to close the throttle without the other one.
16. Fuel injection, turbo charging or supercharging shall not be allowed. Vehicles originally equipped with fuel injection must be adapted to run a carburetor.
17. Ignition will be stock or aftermarket. No magnetos. Distributors may be locked out for advance system. Any type distributor may be used. Crank shaft trigger system allowed, maximum 2 coils.
DRIVE TRAIN & BRAKES
1. Single Disk, Stock Appearing Clutch only. - No Ram couplers etc. - No direct drive. Automatic Transmissions must have a functional OEM torque converter.
2. Stock, lightened or aftermarket flywheel OK, Aluminum flywheels permitted. Must be stock diameter for block used.
3. A180 degree Scatter shield must be installed underneath or over the floorboard using a minimum 1/8 inch steel plating to protect the driver’s legs.
4. Drive shaft loop required on rear wheel drive cars only. Drive shaft must be painted white and kept clean and have car number on it. No aluminum Driveshaft’s.
5. Rear-end shall be stock type only. Make and model of rear end may be changed.
6. No aftermarket or quick-change rear ends allowed.
7. Open, Limited Slip, Welded or otherwise locked rear ends shall be allowed.
8. Must have working brakes on at least three wheels. Locking the rear-end does not constitute as one brake.
9. Adjustable brake proportioning valves OK. Pedals open.
10. In-cockpit steering may be modified to suit driver’s taste, but must be kept on the left side of the cockpit. No center steering.
11. Engine set back OK. Number 1 spark plug must be no farther back than 4 inches behind the strut line or ball joint, unless in factory stock location.
ROLL CAGE CONSTRUCTION
1. Main Cage must be constructed of 1-1/2" diameter tube with .095" wall minimum. Black iron or galvanized pipe not allowed.
2. Must completely enclose the driver.
3. Roll Cage must secure to the frame or floor pan on uni-bodies cars by welding solidly around each upright bar or by welding each upright bar solidly to a 6" X 6" by 1/4’ plate then welding or bolting this plate solidly to the floor.
4. Gusseting on all bar junctions recommended.
BODY, FRAME and SUSPENSION
1. Stock Frame and uni-bodies may be reinforced with steel tubing front to rear subject to tech approval. Tube chassis OK.
2. Any control arms are allowed. Weight Jacking devices are allowed. No cockpit adjustable weight jacking devices allowed.
3. Any shocks may be used including coil overs. May be relocated to a better location. A fifth shock will be allowed on pull bar, pull bar configuration open.
4. Stock or aftermarket bodies OK. Minimum 22 gauge steel or aluminum body, hood and roof panels. No fiberglass bodies. Fiberglass roof OK. Body must be firmly attached to secure mounting points. Aftermarket nose-piece of plastic, fiberglass or rubberized materials OK. Open front wheels permitted.
5. No aerodynamic air dams, wings etc. Subject to tech approval.
6. Spoilers OK. Limited to 6" in height as measured off the top of deck lid.
7. Nerf Bars OK provided that they are no farther than 2" from body of the vehicle. Ends must be bent in to prevent catching.
8. Drivers compartment must be safely sealed from the engine bay, fuel cell and exhaust. Right side of driver’s compartment may be boxed off to allow the exhaust system in this area.
9. Radiators must be in engine compartment.
TIRES & WHEELS
1. Any type steel wheel with a maximum of 8.5". Any offset allowed.
2. One bead lock per car.
3. Any tire type is allowed, but must be medium compound or harder and tire rating must be available or visible for tech inspection.
4. No spiked or studded snow tires. No heavy lug snow tires allowed.
5. Grooving and sipping permitted.
6. Tread as measured across the tire cannot exceed 9".
7. Wheels spacers must not exceed 1" thick.
8. Any chemical substance which alters the tire(s) factory traction characteristics (e.g.
tire softener) is not allowed.
1. Regular pump or 110 octane race gas only. No Methanol or nitro methane.
2. Racing Fuel cell required.
3. Racing Fuel Cell may extend below the trunk floor but must be contained in a fully enclosed box made of minimum 20 gauge steel. Maximum 16 gallons.
4. Any fluid transfer through the cab must be shielded from the driver.
5. Vehicles running and electric fuel pump must have a functioning inertia switch.
6. Fuel Cell protection bars recommended. Fuel cell will be located within body and centered near the original gas tank.
7. A positive locking filler cap must be used. Breather vents must be designed so that fuel will not escape if vehicle is upside down.